Pinned Image

While we’re on the topic of Bohemian Glamour after Vanessa’s post this morning, I can’t help but wonder about your thoughts on Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen. Along with Kate Moss and Sienna Miller, the Olsen twins are often seen as the poster girls for the “boho chic” look. My feelings about the Olsens have been all over the place through the years. I was an avid Full House fan growing up and will always associate the Olsens with little Michelle Tanner and her cute lines like “You got it, dude!”.

Pinned Image

Fast forward several years while the girls built their massive empire catering to young girls and tweens. As a teenager, I had no interest in their movies and merchandise, but couldn’t help but notice when they emerged as fashionistas a few years after that. At first, I couldn’t understand what was so fashionable about them. For a good while, they sported the “dumpster diving, granny chic” look that I’ve never been able to get behind, so imagine my surprise as I have recently embraced their style evolution. I resisted liking Mary Kate and Ashley for a long time, but I am really loving their style as well as everything they have created through their fashion lines, Elizabeth and James and The Row.

Pinned Image

There are still times when they look a little disheveled for my taste, Mary Kate in particular, but other times, they look so effortlessly chic. How do you feel about the Olsens’ style? Are you a fan?


Check out this video from Net-A-Porter in which Mary Kate and Ashley discuss their style and their inspiration for The Row.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top