Pinned Image
{A Gorgeous Table Setting by Martha Angus Featuring de Gournay Wallcovering}


With the holiday season upon us, I have had entertaining on my mind lately. I recently hosted a small gathering for friends in celebration of my birthday and based the “theme” on my favorite colors, pink and orange along with the ikat invitation I chose. The fact that I based the party’s décor on an ikat pattern got me thinking about the beautiful table tops and party themes I have seen recently that have been inspired by chic and noteworthy textiles. I think these fabrics and patterns can set the perfect backdrop for a party and they are something that you can treasure for years.
Pinned Image
{This stunning table designed by Eddie Ross is centered around Quadrille’s “Kazak” pattern, a personal favorite of mine given the colorway.}
Pinned Image
{ A Detailed Shot of Eddie’s Fabulous Design}
Pinned Image
{You may recognize this lovely, Chinoiserie-inspired setting from the cover of Joe Nye’s book, Flair.}
Pinned Image
{A Pretty Orange and Pink Toile Setting by Manuel Canovas}
Pinned Image
{You can never go wrong with something classic like this black and white striped tablecloth. It can be modern or class and is a bit graphic. It works with any color palette. The possibilities for flowers, stemware, dinnerware, etc. are endless against this ideal backdrop.}
Pinned Image
{This table setting is casual and cheery, but feels rather special. I love how unified the color palette is. The casual, floral damask design on the tablecloth is informal and inviting—perfect for a gathering with family and close friends.}
Pinned Image
{This dark, earthy ikat pattern lends itself perfectly to a fall table setting.}
Which of these fabulous table settings is your favorite? Have you based a tabletop or party theme around a favorite textile?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top