Hi everyone! This is Brooke from Velvet & Linen and Giannetti Home.  I am so thrilled to be here at La Dolce Vita! Thank you, Paloma for inviting me to be a part your  "My Favorite Room"  series. My favorite room at the moment is our Master Bathroom in our Channel Islands Harbor weekend home.

This gorgeous bathroom at Chateau de Moissac was one of the European bathrooms that inspired me to  turn our Master Bathroom ....

274438171013504779_Ops6BmuN_c
image source

from this...

IMG_2511

 

to this.

DSC_0319

I noticed that most of the European bathrooms that I loved were built using simple neutral materials such as limestone and plaster. Rarely did I see ornate mosaics or intricate tile work. Most likely these rooms were designed this way because they once had other uses, but whatever the reason, the result was a calm, serene atmosphere.

To create the same soothing feeling in our bathroom, I also chose simple, neutral materials. For example, in the shower I selected  pale limestone slabs on the walls, aged limestone on the floor, and clean sheets of glass.

DSC_1072

Like the pieces in my favorite European bathrooms, special antiques became the focal points in the room.

Romerein_giannetti-oxnard_aa1-12_Flat

 

My pewter tub is the other "Queen" in the room, demanding attention. 

Lighting was kept simple as well: a couple of sconces on the wall, a Circa Lighting "Petite Paris Flea Market Chandelier" in the center and two vintage pendants above the sinks.

DSC_1076

Similar to the pieces in European bathroom, most of the furniture and fixtures in my bathroom aren't built in. This allows my bathroom to be easily altered. For example, recently when we decided to live in our weekend house full time, we realized that we needed more storage. Because our tub was free standing, we  simply removed the tub and replaced it with this French cabinet. My bathroom design holds up even without my tub. IMG_2204

You might be wondering what happened to my tub.  It is in storage, waiting to be placed in our bathroom at the new home we are building, Patina Farm.

Who knows? I may have a new Favorite Room soon!

Image

I hope you enjoyed My Favorite Room!

Thank you again, Paloma for letting me share "My Favorite Room" with your readers.

 

xo,

Brooke

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top