runner seagrass

I’m working on a big design project right now that is going to turn out to be quite the transformation! It is a large custom home that belonged to an older couple and it definitely felt like “grandma’s house” with peach-colored pickled wood moldings everywhere, a country kitchen, and several other details that needed some updating. To say that we are giving the place a facelift would be a major understatement! The contractor has made some major progress lately and the transformation is really starting to take shape. One of the things I’d love to do to add some texture is add a runner to the staircase. I recently found a bunch of inspiring images on Pinterest that run the gamut from classic, simple seagrass to bold, graphic runners. I have a one story home, so I don’t have a runner, but I’m curious to hear if you love yours. My client has two small children and I can’t help but think it would keep them from slipping. What are your thoughts on stair runners? Do you like the look? What about the functionality?

runner suzanne kasler  {A Runner in a Home designed by Suzanne Kasler}

runner classic {Classic and Elegant—This look is hard to beat!}

runner bonan {A darker runner works well in this hotel setting designed by Michele Bonan.}

runner greek key {I love Greek key, so naturally, I was drawn to the border on this stair runner.}

runner nailhead {How fun is the nailhead detail on this one?}

runner stripes {I love these stripes! They’re clean and modern and would work just as well in a modern townhouse as they would in a coastal house.}

runner leopard {Leopard print adds a bold touch!}

runner antelope

{If you like the idea of animal print, but prefer something just a tiny bit more subdued, there’s always Stark’s antelope print which works as a great neutral.}

runner hicks

   {If a graphic statement is more your speed, Stark has great options like this hexagon pattern by the great David Hicks.}

runner greek key2

{This Greek key pattern packs a punch!}

Are you in favor of stair runners? Which of these is in line with your style?

Signature-3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top