Today’s lovely “Dream Home” comes compliments of Marissa of ROOST and Marissa Waddell Interiors. Enjoy!
ROOST
Hello there, I'm Marissa, interior decorator and blogger at ROOST. Welcome to my dream home!
My dream home would be in the country--with a long drive, lots of trees, ivy, and black shutters.
I love big, open entryways, tall ceilings, and fancy archways. I'm really into white millwork, so it would be everywhere.  
While we're on the millwork, my dream house will need TONS of built-ins for the insane amount of books we own.    I would fill my dream home with a lot of fabulous antique French furniture. Have you been to Versailles? That's what I'm talking about. I'd also use the best vintage and modern textiles-- these are from Madeline Weinrib and GP&J Baker, two of my favorites.
  I'd need a lot of big windows to stand in front of in beautiful dresses and look dramatic.
I love homes that are totally bathed in natural light-- I might even want glass doors on the interior to keep it open, if not exactly private.
If we're talking dreams here, my dream house in the country would somehow have a fabulous view of Paris. Too much to ask?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top