Pinned Image
{What Would Gwyneth Do?}
Lately, it seems like everyone is talking about detoxing. While I don’t usually jump on every bandwagon that passes my way, I have been giving some thought to trying some sort of detox program for the past few weeks. After all of my health issues last year, i.e. having my gallbladder and my appendix removed in the span of six months, I am concerned that my seemingly healthy diet may not be so healthy after all. While I indulge every once in a while, I am pretty sensible when it comes to what I eat, but I worry that my body needs to de-stress. I want to cut out processed foods that make my body work harder than it has to and have already started reducing my intake of dairy and red meat. I bought myself a Vitamix for Christmas and start each day with a fresh fruit and vegetable smoothie instead of the cereal and skim milk combo that was my breakfast of choice for most of my life.
paleo
Anyhow, I don’t want to get too long winded here, but I am wondering if any of you have any feedback on the Paleo Diet or Dr. Alejandro Junger’s Clean Detox? I worked on a shoot with a producer last year who had been doing Paleo for over a year and he told me all about it. It seems fairly simple—cut out all the processed junk, look better, feel younger, and most likely lose some weight along the way. He was thrilled with it and really seemed to love the lifestyle. I first read about Dr. Junger on GOOP and saw a segment with him on Dr. Oz last week. His approach is much more strict, with only 12 foods making it to the “ok to eat” list. His plan is more short-term, 21 days on average as opposed to Paleo which you could probably do forever if you chose to, but he helped Gwyneth feel better than ever before, as she mentions in her interview in the current issue of SELF. Have you tried either of these plans? I don’t want to do anything extreme and want to make sustainable changes that will have a positive effect on my overall health as well as possibly helping to alleviate the effects of my PCOS. I know some of you have reached out to share your own experiences with PCOS. Have you experienced any positive changes regarding PCOS by eliminating certain foods from your diet? Paleo followers, I would especially love your feedback! Was it hard to go Paleo at first? What differences have you noticed? I know you’re not supposed to have grains, legumes, dairy, or alcohol, but how bad is it to have oatmeal, black beans, Greek yogurt, or red wine on occasion?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top