Hotze Eisma

Hello! It's Erika from small shop, with another edition of "Design Under the Influence" featuring, the rattan hanging chair. I've been seeing them everywhere lately, yet I have always secretly planned to hang one in a future home. I can no longer deny its prominence in eclectic chic interiors!

As many times as I've visited the Parker Palm Springs designed by Jonathan Adler and sat in the hanging chairs suspended in the lobby's firepit lounge (below), I honestly didn't even think that I was sitting in a piece of furniture design history. The designer? Nanna Ditzel. In 1957, she created this wicker-esque version:

The Nanna Ditzel chair in the Parker Palm Springs

/

They come in various styles, but my favorite would have to be the more open, bamboo style version, inspired by the 1958 "Eureka" chair designed by Giovanni Travasa and seen in the suites of the Parker Palm Springs hotel:

Parker Palm Springs by Jonathan Adler

/

Can we attribute its recent popularity to Jonathan Adler himself? I'd say so. Take a look at these gorgeous rooms featuring this edition's star:

Christina Rottman via Savvy Home

/

The home of fashion designer Carlos Miele, Elle Decor

/

Decorare.es

/

the home of fashion designer Hans Ubbink

/

via the style files

/

Lee Kleinhelter in Lonny

/

Jonathan Adler (a.k.a. "the influencer")

/

Marc & Melissa Palazzo

/

Ilse Crawford

/

home of fashion designer Liz Lange, by Jonathan Adler

/

Serena & Lily

/

Gant, via solid frog

/

In the market for one? I've seen it on Amazon for $380 and on Serena & Lily for $450 (above), but even better... on Fran's Wicker for $195.

Would you do the hanging chair?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top