country

Some of the most inspiring interior design work I have come across lately seems to be from international designers like David Collins, Lázaro Rosa Violán, Michele Bonan, and most recently, Juan Carretero. The Mexican born-Carretero is now based in New York. I was introduced to his design work through a restaurant project he designed in Mexico City. Country Bistro has won several hospitality design awards and it’s easy to see why. The space is meant to evoke the casual chic vibe of The Hamptons while the menu has a distinct French accent. Country Bistro’s proprietor, Sergio Berger wanted the space to evoke the feeling of a grand country house and includes an entrance hall, library, dining room, kitchen, and veranda along with a garden. The space includes lush greenery, to-die-for, painted, reclaimed Cuban tiles, wood beams, and modern textiles in hues of purple and grey.

It seems that Mexico City has a thriving art and design scene and this restaurant makes me want to visit the largest city in the world that much more. I am seriously having an “I want to go to there” moment a la Liz Lemon in 30 Rock. If only this place was in Houston so that I could have my 30th birthday party there! How fabulous would that be?

{The Fabulous Entrance Hall at Country Bistro}

{A Peek into one of Four Private Dining Cabanas}

country2

{The Reception Area}

{The Main Dining Room, Also Known as “The Pantry”}

country4

{Dining on the Veranda}

{A Look at the Fountain in the Grand Entrance}

country5

{Another Dining Area}

{The lantern sconces used throughout the space are fabulous!}

{Notice the Gorgeous, Reclaimed Cuban Floor Tiles}

country9

{Isn’t this restaurant stunning?}

For most of my life, my Mexican family has been against visiting Mexico City for its high crime rate, though now it seems I would be safer visiting Mexico City than my family’s hometown of Monterrey as all of the terrible drug cartel violence has taken hold of the North. Have any of you visited Mexico City recently? I’ve heard such wonderful things about the culture and design scene and have been dying to go, but haven’t summoned the courage. I must say that seeing places like this amazing restaurant make it very, very tempting to plan a trip to Mexico City!

 

{Images Courtesy of Juan Carretero}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top