Hello Gorgeous!  I'm Vanessa Stern and I write a lifestyle blog called Vanessa & Valentine.  By day I work as a Creative Recruiter and in my free time I work on various design projects.  I spent the latter half of my 20s selling to the trade working at Janus et Cie and the David Sutherland Showroom in West Hollywood, before all my clients became reality stars!  I could write a book about all the craziness going on in the design industry, but shhh, I'm not saying a word!  So, to kick off my series "Glamour Obsession," I knew I had to go straight to the source of all-out American Glamour: Ralph Lauren.
Nothing takes my breath away more than the dramatic impact of black and gold.  I know this combo has been everywhere this past year, but I seriously haven't gotten tired of it yet.  My heart literally melted when I recently came across these images of RL's new Fall collection One Fifth.   
Caitlin McGauley, one of my favorite artists (and former RL textile designer), painted the portrait of the lady hanging on the bookshelf.  Love that!
 
This dining room has me wanting to lacquer every door, table and chair black!  What I love most about this palette is it's super easy to recreate at a much more affordable level without compromising any style or sophistication.
This deco inspired table top is to die for don't you think???  The cup and saucer is by far my favorite and the salad plates aren't bad either!  I really dig the graphic and bold patterns.
Everyone knows I love a good bottle and bucket on ice!  Served up on a gold tray...pass the champy please!!!
The fur and silk shams are a bit much and this bed is definitely too sexy for words (and I wouldn't imagine that comfy or plush to sleep in) but I had to include it to give you the whole visual effect.
I love this new take on the classic chevron.  Definitely a much more prissy version than the original, but the gold and black is killin' it!
See you next time as we continue exploring all things glamorous!
 
xo,
Vanessa
 
Images via Ralph Lauren Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top