Today’s “Dream Home” comes from the mind of U.K.-based, Jessica Buckley, of Jessica Buckley Interiors. Enjoy!Hello & good morning from Edinburgh! I've been reading La Dolce Vita for years now & always love reading guest posts for Paloma's infamous Dream Home series.... looking back over all the previous entries is like a hall of fame for designers and design bloggers so it's a real thrill to be part of it! So shall I show you around my dream home? Come on in.... First off, here's my dream house; a Georgian town house right in the centre of town with a fabulous front door to welcome you: The entry hall would be a taste for what's to come: classic architectural features and a stunning parquet floor, with lots of art & personal touches. I love a bench seat in a hall way too.

Everyone usually heads straight to the kitchen, so come on through & I'll make some coffee/margaritas. The banquette seating & tulip table in the window is the perfect spot to have breakfast on a morning when it's sunny & bright: Or a late night supper a deux in the evening: There's a great little butler's pantry where I stash all my favourite table linen & china: The dining room is dramatic - navy grasscloth on the walls with crisp white trims, brass light fittings, stunning dark wood floors and a silk carpet underfoot. Heaven.

Here's a look at the sitting room - I love all the great colours & the mix of modern & classic:

There's a huge gallery wall at one end of the room that looks like this:

There's a well stocked bar for when guests pop in for a drink: ...and a cute little desk near the window where I can pen all my correspondence: Here's the downstairs powder room which is lacquered lipstick-red: This is my study - the creative hub of the house! As well as a desk & chair, I have a sofa for when I want to sit back & read or a place to sit for anyone popping in to say hi & have a chat. All the bookshelves are stacked with design books and back issues of all my favourite design magazines.

Follow me up the stairs & I'll show you the bedrooms.... Here's my room. I love chinoiserie and think it's perfect for creating a pretty & feminine space. With my dream dressing room and en-suite: And here are the guest rooms. Some are formal, some are informal.... you can stay in whichever one you like best!

With awesome en-suite bathrooms in crisp black & white:

Last but not least, there's a great little garden at the back:

Thanks so much to Paloma for giving me the opportunity to show you around my dream home. If you're ever in Edinburgh then do let me know.... pop in & say hi!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top