{Nate Berkus checking out his new Collection at Target]

Yesterday, I made my way to my local Target feeling excited to see Nate Berkus' new line and to show my support in the way in which it counts the most-- with my wallet. Unfortunately, upon getting there and searching various parts of the store, Nate's collection was noticeably absent. After the epic failure of the Missoni for Target debacle, I hoped that Target had learned their lesson in preparation of much anticipated product launches, like the new Nate Berkus collection. I've seen countless beautiful ads for this collaboration in all of the top shelter magazines, I have personally been pitched the collection for coverage on LDV, I was involved in promoting Nate's new book, and I know how much we were all looking forward to scoring some of these "chic and cheap" finds. Nate has been one of my favorite designers for years, so while I was at Target, I expressed my disappointment to one of the managers who could only tell me so much as "we get new shipments every night and we don't know what's coming." Really? You have one of the top designers in the country designing a collection for you that thousands and thousands of people will want to purchase and you couldn't even get organized enough to ensure that the product would be on the shelves for the widely-promoted launch date? I am blown away, Target. I have been a loyal Target shopper for years and years, but I am beyond annoyed about this, especially after the awful disappointment of the Missoni launch. 

Target, it would behoove you to make sure you have all of your ducks in a row in preparation for product launches like Nate's. I tweeted about my experience while at the store and got a reply from Target encouraging me to shop online. Unfortunately, most of the goods are sold out or are only available in store. Which stores exactly, Target? I've heard from friends around the country-- from Califronia to Arkansas saying that the collection was nowhere to be found in their stores either. Above all, I feel disappointed for Nate. Just imagine being in his shoes, expecting to have this fabulous launch, only to hear that your fans and customers are disappointed and that instead of raving about his products, we are ranting about Target's lack of organization and follow-through... yet again. What gives, Target?

Have any of  you had any luck finding Nate's new collection at your local Target stores?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top