Hello lovely La Dolce Vita readers!  I'm Lauren Haskett from Material Girls and I'm so excited to be included in this wonderful series Paloma has put together.  Today I'm happy to share my favorite room, my daughter Sadie's nursery.


Deciding on a "feel" for the nursery was pretty easy.  I knew I wanted very soothing and I'd been dying to try out a gray-lavender-white-gold color scheme. Some decisions were easy, but the crib was the hardest!  After much, much obsessing I settled on a simple white Jenny Lind style and couldn't be happier with my choice.


I am a huge art hoarder, so it was only natural that my little girl have a gallery wall.  I collected pieces and had them framed and now add in personal photos.  The swivel glider is by Lee Industries, the gold end table is by Worlds Away, the white piggy bank is Juliska, and the marble lamp was a Homegoods steal. 



The chandelier was an absolutely fabulous (and lucky) Guild Shop find.  My good friend re-wired and hung it for me.  I want to add shades to it next.  Giraffes are kind of our mascot, and we love the baby giraffe print by Sharon Montrose.  It was so funny the day Sadie finally acknowledged the 4' giraffe in the room... 


I had a lot of fun pulling together this room but picking the color scheme first made finding certain items a little challenging.  Crib bedding proved to be really tricky!  So I had the crib bumper and skirt custom made.  The fitted sheet is by Serena & Lily.  I have a back up dark gray linen Matteo sheet as well as a striped sheet I found at Target.  It's fun to change up the sheet to give the bed a different feel.



I painted an old dresser handed down from my husband's family two tones of gray that serves as a changing table.  The open shelf unit was found in Round Top and is super convenient for diaper storage. 


The gilt candle scones were also a Guild Shop find and the letters are from RH Baby & Child. 

The room is really small but we really have enjoyed spending time in there.  I hope you've enjoyed this room tour!  Thanks again Paloma for including me in this fabulous series!  xoxo Lauren

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top