Hello, it's Erika from small shop! Many of you may know me from my series "Design Under the Influence," but today, I'm sharing my favorite room (currently, anyway!). This summer I decided to change up the decor a bit in my home office to re-inspire me, mainly changing the color scheme from hot pinks and golds, to black, light pink, malachite green and gold. But I'm all about budget buys, so everything you see here is on the cheap...

About a month ago, I hung a large inspiration pinboard over my desk, and I shared my pinboard D.I.Y. to show how easy it is to create one for yourself!

Another fun addition: a $13 palm from our local hardware store. Instantly gave the room that "bohemian chic" feeling I was after!

Some of my favorite items! Fresh flowers, a Baies Diptyque candle, a DwellStudio urchin, a Target lamp, and my can't-live-without pen tablet.

On the opposite, wall, I added a console topped with a collection of art and design books that also keep me inspired, plus I brought my brass mushroom lamps back together. I centered my new gallery wall around this "Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien" print, flanked by a watercolor of Julie Christie, a Matisse exhibit print I picked up from the Met in May, a Warhol rendition of Brigitte Bargot (my muse for this entire scheme!), a vintage Vogue print, and a painting by my daughter.

My capiz chandelier still hangs in the corner, but I brought in a Martinique-pattern pillow that adds just the right amount of tropical touch to always remind me of my Hawaii roots.

Unfortunately I didn't style my 1970's brass etagere so we didn't get any shots of it in this session, but it hasn't changed (yet!).

Thank you Paloma for letting me share my little nest of inspiration!

All images were shot by the very talented Jennifer Daigle Photography for Move LifeStyle.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top