{My Breakfast Room in its Current Incarnation}

As an interior designer and design blogger, I am constantly getting new design ideas and coming across inspiring images. As wonderful as this is, it can also get a little crazy because it means I am constantly wanting to update my own house. As you know, I have been totally into square back Louis XVI chairs lately and really want to incorporate them into my house. I worked them into a design concept for a client's breakfast room and when we decided to take things in a different direction in their kitchen, I ended up changing the breakfast room design as well. I was a little bummed not to go with the design, but I then decided to do a variation of it in my own breakfast room and I couldn't be more excited. 


{Before we had the house photographed back in May, I had toyed with the idea of replacing my square wood table with a marble-topped Saarinen Tulip Table. When I found out the size I needed was on backorder, I decided to hold off, but I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. You may also recall that I've been going back and forth on whether or not to replace my Extra Large Hicks Pendant with something else, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. It is so much easier to make design decisions for my clients than it is to do it for myself!}


{The chairs are vintage from the 1940s. Fabian painted and reupholstered them and we recently talked about changing the upholstery again, but I've decided to try something new altogether which is where the Louis chairs come into play!}


So here is what I am envisioning. I'll keep my beautiful linen curtains with Greek key trim. Then, I'll replace the current dining table and chairs with a marble-topped Saarinen Tulip Table and Ballard Design's Leonardo Chairs upholstered in Saddle Leather. Next, I'll switch out the Hicks for this chic Choros Chandelier from Circa Lighting. Finally, I'll swap out my existing rug for West Elm's Jute Herringbone Rug (pictured above). This may be TMI, but I do worry about going with that rug because we've had other jute rugs and when Tate has gotten sick on them, the stains have never come out. Why do dogs always have to get sick on rugs and upholstery? My current rug was actually sent to me by FLOR years ago when they did a line with Martha Stewart. I love the color and the fact that FLOR is pretty much indestructible around pets. I just wish they still had this same pattern so that I could make the rug just a tad bigger. Maybe this FLOR pattern could be a good alternative to the jute rug?

Happy Halloween!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top