Michael Siller
Hello again from Lauren with The Semi-Designed Life! I'm back with yet another thrilling episode of Anatomy of a Home. Today, we'll be disecting breakfast rooms. Breakfast rooms are kind of foreign to me. I was a dining-room-only child. Ok, let's get real. I was mostly an eat-in-front-of-the-TV-child. So this whole concept of eating in the kitchen just doesn't do it for me. That is, unless there's a TV in there.

I've been doing lots of research on breakfast rooms because my man bud only has a breakfast room in terms of his eating premises. So when I move in at the end of September, a breakfast room and I will officially be dating. And I'm going to have to find a way to squeeze a TV into that equation.

I especially love to hearts this breakfast room featured above. I had the privilege of seeing it in person and she's supes precious. I couldn't get over how the banquette was flush up against the island. Such a room saver! Especially if you don't use bar stools. Which clearly aren't as comfortable for the TV watching/dining equation.

 
Anatomy Lesson #1: Get creative with space. Even if you have a lot of room to work with, make your breakfast room a little nook you would never want to leave.
 

Lonny Magazine - Tobi Tobin
 
This is the epitome of a nook. I love the coziness yet vast expansiveness by utilizing the amazing view to open the space up. It also provides a treasure trove of storage by adding the ledge above the windows. And don't think I didn't notice the conveniently located bar in the corner there. Cleverly located, Tobi, very clever. You never know when you might need a bit of the hair of the dog. And if I lived here, I would certainly be napping on the banquette after a long night out.
 
Anatomy Lesson #2: Don't forget that a bar in every room of the house is always considered appropriate.
 
Southern Accents - William Waldron
This is an oldie but a goodie. I think the curvature of the banquette is such a fun way to break up the lines of the room. A round table is immediately more intimate and inviting and this space makes me want to grab a blanket and cuddle. Now, this banquette might make a morning nap after a rough night a little bit more difficult, but I'm up for the challenge.
 
Anatomy Lesson #3: Quit being such a square and add some curves to your life.
 
Lonny Magazine - Jamie Meares

This little corner makes my heart smile. Mostly because I love seahorses and I'm pretty sure they love me. I adore how Jamie made a "nothing" corner into something splendidly charismatic and playful!
 
Anatomy Lesson #4: You can eat just about anywhere. Put your breakfast nook in the place in your house that makes you happiest. Like in front of the TV. Duh.









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top