Hi LDV readers, it's Crystal from Rue magazine and I'm thrilled to be here today! When Paloma graciously asked me to share my favorite room with all of you, I couldn't have been more excited! I had a lot of fun decorating my San Francisco home and it's always fun to see what others think. Though I love every room for it's own unique reason, my living room has a special spot in my heart. In my previous home I went all white, which I loved, but wanted to try something totally different with my new place. From the start I knew I wanted to experiment with moody and dramatic walls so I went with Farrow & Ball's Down Pipe and couldn't be more happy with the result. As a foil to the dark walls, I opted for soft grays, light woods, and lots of plush texture to soften the space. It feels warm and inviting yet still makes a bold impression. What I learned from decorating my living room is to get things out of your system. Though I'll probably always love light colors and neutrals best, I had a blast challenging myself to try something totally new for me. Have fun with your choices, don't take it too seriously, and remember that at the end of the day, a space is a living breathing thing and always evolving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top