Hi there! It's Erica Cook from Moth Design. I'm delighted to be here today on La Dolce Vita for the My Favorite Room series, sharing my family room. Oh how I love this space.
Aside from the kitchen, my family room is the hub of all activity in my home and the space where I spend the very most time with my 5 boys. This is where we celebrate Christmas, entertain, where we gather for movies, reading, together time, talks, etc. This room has been host to so many great memories ( my smallest little guy took his first steps here).
This palette is likely one that best represents my true interior design aesthetic and it's the style I find easiest to live with. Layered neutrals and textures feel low key, yet refined. The use of leather and other washable natural fibers; a mix of linen, cotton velvet and wool, mean that we live in the space and don't worry so much about spills or wear and tear. Nothing is fussy or precious and my boys can be boys.     
However, the light backdrop walls, mixed metals, turned ottoman legs and some delicate accents mean the space is balanced and neither too masculine or feminine.
This room was originally the kitchen in my home, before I moved it to the back of the house. It certainly isn't the largest space, but it has great windows, lots of light and has always been inviting.
The art here is my own. An acrylic canvas that I did years ago and framed agate trivets. It's great to be surrounded by things you love and I find the space rejuvenates my sense of inspiration.
 
So there you have it. My Favorite Room. I hope you enjoy this peek in to my home. Thanks so much for having me Paloma!
xo Erica

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top