Hi! My name is Bryn from Bryn Alexandra Interiors and I am so honored to be a part of Paloma's "My Favorite Room" series.

My favorite room in our home is definitely our living room, or as my husband and I jokingly call it, the "sitting room". One of the main reasons I love this room so much is because it is filled with pieces that are sentimental to me and pieces that I've fallen in love with and collected over the years.

 
Another big reason I love this room is because it gets the most beautiful natural light. One of my favorite things to do is relax in this room on a Sunday afternoon reading magazines in the sunlight (although it doesn't happen nearly as much as I would like!)
 

 
In the picture above, you can see the seascape painting above the sofa and the antique wooden cabinet. The seascape painting was originally purchased by my grandmother and the cabinet was originally owned by my husband's great-grandfather.  I love having pieces in our home that have been in our family for generations, they are really special to us.
 
 
This room was never "decorated".. meaning I just started bringing in things that I loved and over the years the space has come together.
 
 
We have a large magnolia tree in our front yard that I really love and a couple years ago I started cutting the low branches and displaying them in this room. Now they are a staple, the room feels naked without them!
 
 
And one last reason why I love this room so much.. our cat and our dog sit in this front room while we are away and we always see their sweet faces in the window greeting us when we come home.
 

Now if only the tan cat would sit on the tan sofa, and the black dog on the black chair! ;)


Thank you so much for having me, Paloma! It was a pleasure! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top