Over the weekend, I came across an image of a home I blogged about last fall. At the time, the stunning house was for sale, but not surprisingly, it sold. It has such beautiful bones. This particular image of the master bedroom got me thinking about what I would do if I could decorate this stunning space.

image

image

For a new construction, this house has several beautiful architectural features including the fabulous vaulted, wood-beamed ceiling, arched window/door leading to a private terrace, and the lovely wood paneling. Because the house is Mediterranean in style and the color palette is neutral and subdued, I thought it would be fun to infuse the room with some modern glamour and a bit of edge. I would want the interior of the home to be chic and unexpected.

image

image

I would leave the wall color and chandelier as both offer a great starting point. Since the room is grand in scale and has such high ceilings, I selected Serena and Lily’s tall, curvaceous Pondicherry Headboard with Nailheads along with a pair of Circa Lighting’s Fiona Table Lamps by Thomas O’Brien. The lamps are over 44 inches tall, so they help balance the grandness of the room and the tall headboard. The lamps stand atop a pair of Bennett Nighstands from Layla Grayce in black with brass hardware which I love because they offer such a great, transitional design. They’re at once modern and classic, masculine, and feminine. I placed a couple of gilded bamboo mirrors behind the lamps to create a bit of drama. At the foot of the bed, I opted for a Massoud Elton Bench which has Lucite legs and is upholstered in champagne linen. You know I can’t resist a touch of Lucite! The rug is the piece de resistance in this bedroom! The skull rug by Alexander McQueen for The Rug Company is neutral, yet it adds a fashionable edge to the space.

In order to balance that edge, I kept the rest of the items for the space more classic and feminine: dramatic silk drapes in charcoal from Restoration Hardware for the window opposite the bed—I wouldn’t want to cover up the fabulous arched window. The bed would be swathed in Greek key monogrammed linens from Leontine. The corner is the perfect spot for creating a reading nook for which I selected a gilded Quatrefoil floor lamp by Suzanne Kasler, a round Blair side table, Kensington Chaise with nailhead trim, Mongolian Lamb Pillow from West Elm, and a striking vintage painting of a pretty redhead from DwellStudio. Overall, the look is glamorous, alluring, and modern. Which element do you like most?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top