Hi everyone!  This is Lauren from Pure Style Home.  I'm so excited to be a part of Paloma's My Favorite Room Series!  My favorite room is probably my bedroom.  Like most of us, I love getting in bed.  When we first moved into our house, my bedroom was lined in faux wood paneling and it was a bit dark:


I really craved a white bedroom.  There's something so relaxing about a white bedroom to me and I never tire of having one.  So... the paneling got the white treatment:   

(That's my pup, Ashby, in my spot!! ;) ;)

I added a vintage crystal waterfall chandelier and kept the room really simple.  The wall-to-wall builder grade carpet was replaced with wall-to-wall sea grass which I love the feel of.  I layered a hide on the seagrass for a bit of interest and edge.

The vintage mirror (below) is really special to me.  It was one of the first things my husband and I found for our new house.  I love looking at the swirls and seeing shapes in them.


{owls anyone??}

I hung my jewelry on nails for easy access and more importantly, so I can enjoy my things even when I'm not wearing them:


Here's a picture of my nightstand, below, which is actually a dresser.  (The room isn't big enough for a large dresser so we went with two small dressers as our nightstands.)  On it, I've put my vintage Chinese ginger jar lamp, which I found at a flea market and am crazy about.  My grandmother's always had these lamps and I loved them growing up.  Thankfully, she's still alive and is using them all, so I decided I needed my own.


I hung the old convex mirror about the more modern dresser for a bit of juxtaposition.  I found the Gustavian chair years ago at a flea market and my husband found the brass bed (just the headboard!! ;) ;) on the side of the road just after we moved in!!!


Because I'm always working with colors and fabrics as a part of my job, am constantly switching up things in my own home for fun, and am crazy-busy like most people, my tone on tone bedroom has become my refuge.  I just see white and I can sort of clear my mind and let go of everything when I'm in there, which is exactly what I need.  

I really I hope you enjoyed this little peek into my favorite room and thank you so much to Paloma for inviting me over to La Dolce Vita!!

~Lauren

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top