A friend of mine recently shared the news that she is expecting a baby. Naturally, being as design-obsessed as I am, I immediately started asking her about her plans for the nursery’s décor. Since she doesn’t know if she’s having a boy or a girl yet, she hasn’t really begun to envision what the nursery will look like. She did mention that if the baby is a girl, she doesn’t want to use typical “baby girl” colors and doesn’t want the room to scream “baby” either. I immediately envisioned how I would design a nursery to meet her criteria. I think what I came up with is pretty chic for a baby’s room and the pieces I chose are timeless and will continue to work in the space as the baby grows up. In spite of the blue and white color palette, I definitely designed this for a girl. While I feel the essence of the nursery is quite feminine, with a few tweaks, it could work just as beautifully for a boy!
image
image
What are your thoughts? Do you like the idea of using colors that are traditionally regarded as “boys’ colors” for a baby girl’s nursery?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top