{My dear friend, Mark Sikes is an even bigger bibliophile than I am! He has stacks of beautiful books all around his house, including underneath the beautiful Chippendale console in his living room as featured in Lonny.}
I have a couple of addictions in life—magazine subscriptions and stacks of coffee table books mostly of the interior design, fashion, and travel variety. While I have several bookcases in my house along with a new built-in in my family room, and various other surfaces where I currently stack my books, I am constantly buying new ones and receiving them as gifts from thoughtful individuals who know how much I enjoy them. I grew up loving to read and looking forward to trips to the library. I always knew that I wanted my house to be filled with books on fascinating subjects, even when I was just a little girl. While I use books in my décor, I do not believe is using them solely for that purpose. Every book in my home is one that I love and have read. Having said all of that, I know that the day will come when I run out of real estate for my beloved books. My stacks are constantly growing taller as you’ll see when I share my house tour with you in the coming weeks. How tall is too tall? What does one do when there isn’t anymore space? I haven’t gotten to the point of stacking books on the floor yet, but the day may come at some point! Until then, I’ve rounded up some images of some stylish stacks.

{New York designer, Ryan Korban has stacks of books in his Manhattan apartment.}
{Ryan loves his stacks! Here is yet another stack of books, this time on a side chair, as featured on The Selby.}
{PaperCity editor and Claridge + King designer, Laurann Claridge’s chic Houston high-rise condo features this beautiful antique Biedermier chest, topped with a spectacular quartz lamp, Waylande Gregory bowl, a Louis Philippe Mirror, and of course, a stack of carefully selected books.}
{Hudson Interior Designs stacked books on this nickel bar cart.}
{Stacks of Books on Top of as well as Under a Table | Image via Cote de Texas}

{Although this is a library in a home, I love the way that these books are stacked on a large rectangular table. It reminds me of shopping in some of my favorite stores.}

{Stacks of Books Comingle with Decorative Objets in this Vignette from Domino}
{Miles Redd stacks the books in his bedroom on a chair as well as on a low-slung table across from his bed. | Image via Mark D. Sikes}

{Designer Carlos Miele’s Home features a gorgeous carved console with stacks of books underneath. Notice the spines are not facing the front. Do you have a preference when it comes to the placement of the spines of the books? I like for them to face forward. | Image via ELLE DÉCOR}
image
{It looks like the stack of books in this space functions as a martini table near the leather arm chair. Just make sure to have coasters handy! | Photo by Carolina Saunders}
{Stacks of Books on a Trunk used as a Night Stand}
{Another Bedside Stack}

{I don’t ever want my house to look like this! The key is for the stacks to be artfully arranged. Are you a fellow book hoarder? How do you store/display your books?}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top